Chimney Fire Has been reported by Watauga County Fire Marshalls
According to Fire Marshall Shane Garland Todd Fire and Boone Fire also responded along with Watauga Rescue, Watauga Medics, Watauga County Sheriff's Office and the Watauga County Fire Marshal's Office all responded to a chimney fire.
Fire Marshall Garland recommends that though things are getting colder and it tempting to use the chimney be careful when doing so. Garland wants to remind people to clean their chimney's and remove ashes in proper containers and move them outside. He said ashes remaining inside can cause carbon monoxide poisoning.