Two Fires Occurred over the Weekend
We reported earlier that last year was record breaking for the Boone Fire Department, and so far this trend has shown no sign of slowing down.
At around 12:20 p.m. on Friday, the Deep Gap Volunteer Fire Department was called to a structure fire on Orchard Road. When firefighters arrived they saw smoke coming out of the house and immediately put out the fire. The department chief praised the team for their quick and efficient work. The fire was accidental and caused by charging batteries, causing significant damage to the structure. Fortunately no one was injured. An investigation is underway regarding a second fire that broke out in an abandoned house in the Shawneehaw fire district. Multiple fire departments were sent to the 1300 block of Pigeon Roost Road in the district to tackle the blaze. The Shawneehaw Fire Department arrived on scene and took over firefighting efforts.